1620 Winery Vintner Experience Guidelines
The Vintner experience was developed to give customers an inside look at how the winery operates and the basics of how wine is made. You will taste wine at various stages of the process as we go from stainless steel tanks to the barrel room filled with wines from different vintages, all housed in French or Hungarian oak.
When you exit the winery, you will be brought to an area within our function facility where you will be served a gourmet Charcuterie board and you will taste all six of our wines on-tap and finish with samples of our desert and/or port style wines.
The following is a list of do’s and don’ts for the Vintner Experience:
- Please inform all participants NOT to wear white clothing. The barrel room tasting can get a bit messy and we cannot take responsibility for wine stains on clothing.
- Please inform all participants to PLEASE not wear any perfume, cologne or scented lotions to the winery. They will not be permitted into the winery as these fumes are easily picked up by the wine in both the tanks and the barrels and can adversely affect the taste of the wine.
- Please make sure that all participants arrive ten minutes before your scheduled tour time. We cannot hold the tour if your entire party is not here on time.
- Please make sure that all participants are aware that the food they will receive is a Charcuterie board. This may consist of Italian meats, a variety of cheeses, olives, vegetables, nuts, sweets, honey, figs etc. There is no other food available for this particular experience. These are custom made by our executive chef for each tour and are fairly large. Each person gets their own board. So if Lunch or dinner is in your plans for the day of your tour, you may want to consider the timing as you will leave here full of food and wine.
- All of the 1620 wines will be available for purchase at the end of your experience. Please see the attached list with prices and descriptions.
- Please remember that this is a “tasting” This experience has a maximum time limit of 2 hours. Please be mindful of the time and proceed to either finish or dump each taste in a timely manner so we can move on to the next sample. You will taste many wines during this experience.
No Children or pets are allowed to accompany you during this visit.